As your insurance adviser, we handle and manage all claims on your behalf. We believe that the true test of the value and integrity of the relationship with your insurance Adviser is the provision of fast and efficient claims service and advice.
Our claims philosophy is built on a number of key principles:
- Act fairly in the interests of our clients in the event of a claim;
- Assist our clients to understand overly technical policy interpretations
- Assist our clients to reduce the cost and the number of claims through effective risk management strategies and
- Assist our clients through difficult times
In the event of a claim, we will:
- Provide you with the insurers claim form if needed
- Arrange for the loss assessor to be appointed if applicable
- Advise on the completion of the claim form
- Provide advice to ensure you have received your full entitlements
What To Do
Notification of claims
All losses or incidents which may result in a claim (other than Worker's Compensation claims) are to be reported as soon as practicable after the event to your Authorised Representative.
The first notification should be by telephone, e-mail or fax, or as circumstances dictate and should include the following information:
- Description of incident
- Date and Time
- Location where circumstances originated
- Estimate of loss
- Action being taken to minimise loss
Action should be immediately taken to protect property from further damage but no action should be taken to repair damage until instructed by your Authorised Representative or the Loss Adjusters.